1. Grover Mitchell – What Hurts
2. Darrow Fletcher – It’s No Mistake
3. Bobby Sheen – Something New To Do
4. Percy And Them – Look In The Mirror Of My Eyes
5. Al Hudson & Soul Partners – I’m About Lovin’ You
6. Magic Night – If You And I Had Never Met (Stereo Mix)
7. Jay And The Techniques – Don’t Ask Me To Forget
8. Alfie Davison – Love Is A Serious Business
9. Aristocrats – Let’s Get Together Now
10. Connie Laverne – A House For Sale
11. Ultra High Frequency – Incompatible
12. The Independents – I Love You, Yes I Do
13. Touch Of Class – I Just Can’t Say Goodbye (7″ Inch Edit)
14. Loose Change – I Wanna Hold On To You
15. Black Stash – Mighty Love Man (Part 1)
16. Checkmates Ltd. – All Alone By The Telephone
17. Third Demetion – If My Heart Was An Open Book
18. Chris Bartley – Tomorrow Keeps Shining On Me
19. Bobby Moore – (Call Me Your) Anything Man
20. Rick Thompson – What Do I Have To Do
Soul On The Real Side Volume 7 – Various Artists CD (Outta Sight)
Only 1 left in stock
Jackie Trent – You Baby
Lorraine Silver – Lost Summer Love
1. Grover Mitchell – What Hurts
OUTTA SIGHT, in association with Real Side Records, presents Soul On The Real Side #7.
VOLUME 7 carries on the Real Side tradition of collating classic crossover soul, rare original 45s, new-to-CD nuggets and oddities from the infinitely strange world of Northern Soul.
Seasoned southern soul man Grover Mitchell opens the set with his sublime 1971 recording “What Hurts”, co-written and produced by Len Barry for John Madara Enterprises. Darrow Fletcher, well known to the Northern fraternity, follows with his rarity “It’s No Mistake”, recorded for Ray Charles’ appropriately named Crossover Records. More floorfillers follow c/o Bobby Sheen with his irrepressible “Something New To Do”, Percy And Them, Al Hudson, Richard Searling’s Wigan spin “Love Is A Serious Business” plus a little Mecca magic from Magic Night with the Roulette winner “If You And I Had Never Met”.
Jay Proctor and his Techniques finally make it to CD with their forgotten B-side “Don’t Ask Me To Forget” produced by our good friend Jerry Ross and arranged by the legendary Joe Renzetti. Other new-to-CD tracks include the original version of “Incompatible” by Ultra High Frequency, “If My Heart Was An Open Book” by Bobby Holley’s Third Demetion, the Herb Rooney composition “Mighty Love Man” by Black Stash and Rick Thompson’s obscure beater “What Do I Have To Do”.
The Playlist continues…
– New-to-CD soul tracks courtesy of Jay And The Techniques, Connie Laverne, Ultra High Frequency, Third Demetion, Black Stash and Rick Thompson
– Features the super rare “Let’s Get Together Now” by Aristocrats. Also features the rare and in-demand “It’s No Mistake” by the legendary Darrow Fletcher and Rick Thompson’s “What Do I Have To Do”.
– Compiled by the Real Side Partnership… the architects of soul
– Craig Charles “Outta Sight is out of the stratosphere”
You may also like…
Soul On The Real Side Volume 6 – Various Artists CD (Outta Sight)- New-to-CD soul tracks courtesy of the DMX Affair, the Nicky Newarkers, Wood, Brass & Steel, Ge£12.99 SOLD OUT Read more
Soul On The Real Side Volume 2 – Various Artists CD (Outta Sight)OUTTA SIGHT, in association with Real Side Records, presents 20 more ”real soul” gems from the M£12.99 Add to basket
Soul On The Real Side Volume 9 – Various Artists CD (Outta Sight)OUTTA SIGHT presents Soul On The Real Side #9 “The best one so far” The Modern Soul CollectiveWE£12.99 Add to basket
Soul On The Real Side Volume 11 – Various Artists CD (Outta Sight)Includes SEVEN, new-to-CD tracks courtesy of the New Creation, Ernest Ernie, Buddy Greco, Terry Huff£11.99 Add to basket