Chess Northern Soul Volume 3 7X 7″ Vinyl Box Set
Out of stock
1. Bobby Womack Of The Valentinos - See Me Through (1965) (first time on 7")
2. Joe Cato - I'm So Glad (1967
1. Jeanette Nellis - Wait (1963)
2. Amanda Love - You Keep Calling Me By Her Name (1967)
1. The Starlets - Loving You Is Something New (1967)
2. Gene Chandler - Such A Pretty Thing (1966)
1. Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe (1972)
2. Maurice McAllister - Baby Hang On (1967)
1. Mitty Collier - Pain (1963)
2. The Knight Brothers - City Life (1964)
1. The Kindly Shepherds - Lend Me Your Hand (1967)
2. Harold Hutton - Lucky Boy (1965)
1. Jo Ann Garrett - Foolish Me (1969) (first time on 7")
2. Johnny Nash - Love Ain't Nothin' (1964)
Seven more sevens from Chicago’s Bastion of Soul: Chess Records.
Following the success of the first two volumes, soul sage Ady Croasdell has donned his compiler’s cape once more to highlight 14 more certified Chess floorfillers. Continuing our established formula, Volume III compiles classics like Terry Callier’s Ordinary Joe and Gene Chandler’s Such A Pretty Thing alongside more obscure but no less accomplished tracks such as Joe Cato’s I'm So Glad and Amanda Love’s You Keep Calling Me By Her Name.
A collection of black music gems sourced from the iconic Chess, Checker, Cadet and Argo labels. Designed for dancing while satisfying your souls.
Replica UK Chess livery (black/silver and black/gold labels in a black and yellow label sleeve) in presentation box with 8-page leaflet featuring detailed notes by compiler and Northern Soul doyen Ady Croasdell – each box is individually numbered and includes download card.
- 7 x 7” vinyl boxset
- Lift off lid box
- 7 vinyl’s in specially created paper housebags
- Download voucher
- Limited edition and numbered (only 2000 copies)